According to Wikipedia, Content Marketing is any marketing format that invloves the creation and sharing of media and publishing content in order to acquire customers. As a social media marketer, do you know how to actually create, internally sell and implement a successful strategy for Content Matketing?
Recently socialmedia.com posted a new infographic about 10 steps to content marketing success.
- 1. Aim: set your goals and objective.
- 2. Understand: understand who you are talking to and what their pain points, channels of consumption, and areas of interest are.
- 3. Decide: decided the right strategy for the content marketing, decide the key propostion and differentiator.
- 4. Review: review if the existing content matches customers’ needs and address pain points along the buyer journey.
- 5. Plan: look at the gaps in your content and develop an editorial calendar to help you prioritise focuses.
- 6. Communicate: senior buy-in and alignment is key in the success of your content initiative.
- 7. Produce: content should always give valus to the reader.
- 8. Amplify: once your content is created you now need to amplity your story.
- 9. Measure: reporting performance is vital.
- 10. Learn: In analysing past activity and performance, decisions can be enhanced based upon better insight and understanding of your audience.
Many companies start their content marketing without a clear direction or objective. It is important to take those 10 steps (above) improving the content marketing and make it effective.